OM EAST is looking for a skilled web developer to manage and develop their eBook websites to share downloadable Christian media among people groups in hard-to-reach places. Use your skills to share the hope of Christ by making resources available in areas where there is little or no Christian literature in the local language!
OM EAST, based near Vienna, is looking for a skilled web developer who will be responsible for developing and designing current and further eBook websites, which share downloadable Christian media among specific people groups. You will be working alongside a team in creating, maintaining, and updating our websites. As the role takes into consideration user experience and function, a certain level of both graphic design and computer programming is necessary. In this role, it is possible to work remotely or to be based locally in Austria.
Web developer’s responsibilities:
• You are responsible for the coding, layout and development of several websites.
• Once a website has been created, you will generally maintain, upkeep and further develop the websites.
Web developer’s knowledge, skills and experience:
• Good knowledge of HTML and CSS lay outing techniques
• Familiar with Sass (SCSS)
• Not afraid of using command line tools
• Maintaining and expanding/enhancing the website once built
• Working closely with a team and good communication with other ministry partners to develop and deploy their content
• Help to develop the further strategy of the webpage
Preferred knowledge, skills and experience:
• Some basic graphic design knowledge (layout rules, typography)
• Can use Photoshop
• Experience with WordPress and other CMS
As soon as possible
As long as possible
“I’ve never been so clearly stuck in a season of waiting like this—ever. And while I am safe ‘at home’ (such a complicated word for an overseas worker), it’s still a displacement with no end in sight,” says Kate. “In all the unknowns right now, I know this: the absolute, unchanging truth is that God is still in control, still in charge and is still trustworthy.”
In the Middle East and North Africa, OM is aiming at having 50 percent nationals in their teams by the end of 2021.
OM workers in the Balkans want to be the face of Jesus to those who need mercy and restoration.
“So why then do we neglect these small disciplines?” asks Silas. “The answer is as simple as it is profound. The things that are easy to do (and yes, these small disciplines mentioned above are easy to do) are also easy not to do!”
Durante los últimos dieciocho años, Julieta (Sudamérica) y su esposo han estado compartiendo de manera intencional el amor de Cristo en Asia Central y Occidental.
Un trabajador latino del mercado aprovecha toda oportunidad para hacer discípulos viviendo abiertamente y compartiendo libremente.