OM EAST is looking for an on-site IT support person to ensure the smooth running of their literature and media ministry’s infrastructure. As you support a creative team of graphic designers, app developers and eBook programmers, you are making it possible to produce Christian media in the heart-languages of people groups around the world.
OM EAST, based near Vienna, is looking for an on-site IT support person to ensure the smooth running of their literature and media ministry’s infrastructure. This includes the administration of their Linux servers, installing programmes and supporting the Windows clients. OM EAST's IT environment consists of: Windows clients, Linux servers (both in the offices and in the cloud, i.e. web servers), NAS boxes, network switches and printers.
IT support person’s responsibilities:
• Monitoring Linux servers and NAS boxes in the office to ensure error-free operation
• Monitoring backup processes
• Running software updates on Linux servers and NAS boxes in the office
• Monitoring Linux web servers in the cloud
• Installing new hardware as needed
• Adding and removing users as needed, both for the Windows (Samba) domain and OpenVPN
• Adding, moving, and removing Office365 users
• Installing new Windows clients as needed
• Installing software updates on Windows clients
• Troubleshooting user problems and liaising with the OM Helpdesk
• Monitor and troubleshoot the Internet connections in the offices
IT support person’s knowledge, skills and experience:
• Experience in Windows and Linux System administration
• Familiar with using current PC hardware
• Willingness to problem solve and research solutions
As soon as possible
As long as possible
“I’ve never been so clearly stuck in a season of waiting like this—ever. And while I am safe ‘at home’ (such a complicated word for an overseas worker), it’s still a displacement with no end in sight,” says Kate. “In all the unknowns right now, I know this: the absolute, unchanging truth is that God is still in control, still in charge and is still trustworthy.”
In the Middle East and North Africa, OM is aiming at having 50 percent nationals in their teams by the end of 2021.
OM workers in the Balkans want to be the face of Jesus to those who need mercy and restoration.
“So why then do we neglect these small disciplines?” asks Silas. “The answer is as simple as it is profound. The things that are easy to do (and yes, these small disciplines mentioned above are easy to do) are also easy not to do!”
Durante los últimos dieciocho años, Julieta (Sudamérica) y su esposo han estado compartiendo de manera intencional el amor de Cristo en Asia Central y Occidental.
Un trabajador latino del mercado aprovecha toda oportunidad para hacer discípulos viviendo abiertamente y compartiendo libremente.