Everyone should have an opportunity to hear the gospel at least once. There is a generation growing up in Ireland which has not heard the gospel. They do not know who Jesus is or what He has done. One of the greatest needs in Ireland is more Bible-believing churches. We need evangelists, disciplers, church planters, youth and children’s workers to partner with small churches and church plant endeavours. You will need a God given passion for the lost and desire to work in partnership with others.
The heart of OM Ireland is to partner with the local church, to see leaders and laypersons alike trained, equipped, and resourced to carry out the task of reaching their local communities and making disciples of all nations.
Through Partners for Church Growth, we are seeking to mobilise and facilitate long term workers across the Republic of Ireland. These workers will serve in a variety of ministry roles as appropriate to their gifting and the needs of the church.
* Display Christian maturity.
* Demonstrate a clear calling in the area of ministry for which they apply.
* If from abroad, will have a minimum of two years cross-cultural experience or have graduated from a relevant Bible college or seminary.
* If from Ireland, will display a consistent involvement in ministry, within a local church or mission agency.
* Agree to a minimum 3-year commitment.
* Agree to participate in such on the job training as is deemed appropriate in consultation with the Partners for Church Growth coordinator.
* Be placed with a church which is a close fit with their personality, theology and ministry practice.
* Will be fully funded by their own personal support.
As soon as possible
After completing the MDT programme, Cody felt called to stay in Ireland, serving with a local partner church.
The Bailie family serve with their local church as part of OM in Ireland's Philippian Project.
“Road ends are there for a reason,” says Hannah. “Otherwise, we would forever be on the same track and never experience so many of the wonderful adventures and lessons in life. Without road ends, you’d probably never take the time to glance back and see where you came from.”
In 2008, OM Ireland purchased Lacken House to be their headquarters. Ten years and hundreds of people later, the team continues to minister from the heart of Ireland.
In 2019, OM Ireland hosted its largest St. Patrick's outreach.
Local volunteers Jarlath and Thiago have found ways to use their practical skills for God's Kingdom through the OM Ireland office.