Are you a qualified doctor looking for an exciting ministry to be part of? The doctor/medical officer on board the Logos Hope serves in providing medical care and treatment to the crew, staff and guests of the Logos Hope.
Responsibilities and tasks
· Manage, support and equip the Team Members of the Clinic;
· Run and maintain the Clinic on a regular basis and provide medical care and treatment to crew, staff and
guests on board Logos Hope;
· Organize and coordinate the 24/7 emergency medical schedule;
· Ensure that crew medicals of (new) crew members are being done at the PST venue or on board according to
the Maritime standards and regulations;
· Ensure that the Patient records are documented in our database system / Medical Treatment Log Book and
make reports of any work-related injuries;
· Advise and coordinate when people need medical care or diagnostics on shore, and liaise with the onshore
Medical Officer where appropriate;
· Advise the ship’s personnel of disease prevention measures to be taken in any particular areas or ports;
· Maintain and restock the Clinic’s medications and supplies and ensure that new medications or supplies are
being ordered when needed;
· Ensure that the medical equipment is working well and arrange servicing, repairing or replacing if needed;
· Inform the Master of any unusual sicknesses or epidemics on board and request assistance if required;
· Participate in emergency routine drills, including fire and Abandon Ship Drills and fulfil the specific duties as
stated on the Muster List.
- Completed the studies/education as medical
· A full valid license to practice
· Work experience in a hospital or Doctor’s
· Experienced in general medicine, surgery and
anesthetics (benefit, not essential)
· Good communication skills
· Good people skills
· Service focus
· Self-motivated and able to work independently
· Able to cope with stressful situations
OM Ships :: Cristina Amato aus Deutschland, die neue Journalistin der Logos Hope, schreibt darüber, wie Gott einen Schiffsmitarbeiter aus Haiti bewahrt und versorgt hat
OM Ships :: Logos Hope’s new journalist, Cristina Amato (Germany) writes about God’s protection and provision in the life of a fellow crewmember from Haiti.
Welche Spuren der Schiffsbesuch in Lateinamerika hinterlassen hat.
Schiffe:: Erstmalig gibt es eine Erste Ingenieurin auf einem OM-Schiff. Sie erzählt, wie es dazu kam, dass sie Gott mit ihren Begabungen dient.
Ships :: OM Ships' pioneering female First Engineer shares her journey of serving God with her skills.
“It was five years ago that I ran through the flag tunnel in South Korea and entered the Logos Hope ship for the first time,” remembers Camila. “My heart was beating fast and my mouth was dry. I carried a suitcase full of clothes and pictures of the people I would miss. I also carried with me many dreams and things I wanted to achieve in those first two years—professional dreams, sentimental dreams, material dreams—all of which came from the desires of my heart.”