OM EAST is looking for an on-site IT support person to ensure the smooth running of their literature and media ministry’s infrastructure. As you support a creative team of graphic designers, app developers and eBook programmers, you are making it possible to produce Christian media in the heart-languages of people groups around the world.
OM EAST, based near Vienna, is looking for an on-site IT support person to ensure the smooth running of their literature and media ministry’s infrastructure. This includes the administration of their Linux servers, installing programmes and supporting the Windows clients. OM EAST's IT environment consists of: Windows clients, Linux servers (both in the offices and in the cloud, i.e. web servers), NAS boxes, network switches and printers.
IT support person’s responsibilities:
• Monitoring Linux servers and NAS boxes in the office to ensure error-free operation
• Monitoring backup processes
• Running software updates on Linux servers and NAS boxes in the office
• Monitoring Linux web servers in the cloud
• Installing new hardware as needed
• Adding and removing users as needed, both for the Windows (Samba) domain and OpenVPN
• Adding, moving, and removing Office365 users
• Installing new Windows clients as needed
• Installing software updates on Windows clients
• Troubleshooting user problems and liaising with the OM Helpdesk
• Monitor and troubleshoot the Internet connections in the offices
IT support person’s knowledge, skills and experience:
• Experience in Windows and Linux System administration
• Familiar with using current PC hardware
• Willingness to problem solve and research solutions
As soon as possible
As long as possible
“As I prayed in song, I stumbled my way towards clarity: God likes me,” remembers Louisa. “His delight in me is steady and perfect and not contingent on me at all. I didn’t have to linger by the door of the Father’s house, trying to fix myself in hopes of an invitation in. The door is ajar. I belong inside.”
An international photographer finds new ways to support the body of Christ when coronavirus cancels all his trips.
A Latino marketplace worker uses every opportunity to make disciples by living openly and sharing freely.
Paola finds God's purpose for her life overseas by teaching Spanish to Arab women and discipling other women for greater kingdom impact.
“We can learn from the rapid spread of Jesus’ message,” says Palin. “It is simple – humanly speaking the only way to see a rapid growth of Jesus followers among the least reached is for Jesus followers to move in their midst, just as Jesus did: “…the word became flesh and dwelt among them.” Let us go where there are no Jesus followers.”
A widow discovers grace, value and respect through a women's group but loses her community due to the coronavirus quarantine.